In today’s interconnected world, staying connected is essential, even when you’re in areas with weak cellular coverage. Thankfully, Wi-Fi calling offers a convenient solution that allows you to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network, ensuring seamless communication wherever you have an internet connection. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of setting up Wi-Fi calling on both Apple (iOS) and Android smartphones.
Part 1: Enabling Wi-Fi Calling on an Apple iPhone
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Phone.”
- Select “Wi-Fi Calling” and toggle the switch next to “Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone” to enable it.
- You might need to provide your emergency address for emergency services. Follow the instructions and enter the required information.
- Optionally, enable “Prefer Wi-Fi While Roaming” to prioritise Wi-Fi calling even when you’re outside your home network.
Part 2: Enabling Wi-Fi Calling on an Android Phone
- Launch the “Settings” app on your Android phone.
- Look for “Network & internet” or “Connections” and tap on it.
- Locate “Wi-Fi Calling” or “Advanced Calling” under the “Call” or “Phone” section.
- Enable Wi-Fi Calling by toggling the switch or checkbox next to it.
- If necessary, provide your emergency address as prompted for emergency services.
- Explore additional settings like “Prefer Wi-Fi” or “Wi-Fi Calling Quality” and customise them according to your preferences.
Watch the video below to see how it’s done:
Part 3: Important Considerations and Troubleshooting
- Emergency Services: When enabling Wi-Fi calling, you may be prompted to provide your emergency address. This information is crucial for emergency services to accurately locate you during an emergency.
- Call Quality and Roaming: Wi-Fi calling generally provides excellent call quality, but it’s dependent on the strength and stability of your Wi-Fi network. Remember to adjust the settings as needed, such as enabling “Prefer Wi-Fi While Roaming” for uninterrupted connectivity outside your home network.
- Troubleshooting: If you encounter issues with Wi-Fi calling, try restarting your device, updating your software, or contacting your carrier for assistance.
Wi-Fi calling is a valuable feature that enhances your ability to stay connected, even in areas with weak cellular coverage. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily enable Wi-Fi calling on both Apple and Android smartphones. Enjoy the convenience of making and receiving calls over a Wi-Fi network, ensuring seamless communication regardless of your location. Stay connected wherever you go!